Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102269 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:27 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I went to get some lunch but first I stopped at the gas station to get a bottle of water. I came out and my car would not start. Tried everything I could think of..made a million calls. The guy that usually fixes my car came and told me that I would have to have it towed. James' nephew came and pushed it into a parking spot for me that was out of the way and we just left it sit for now. Then he gave me a ride back to work. Needless to say, I never did get lunch. So now I am hungry and crabby. Having to get my car fixed is the last thing I needed right now! :mad:

#102272 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:28 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
So sorry Jessica. Your having bad luck with that car aren't you?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oooo Jess, I'm so sorry......cars are nothing but money pits from the moment we drive them off the lot.....have you had problems with it lately? What kind is it? Hang in there, hopefully it won't be anything major.

#102295 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:50 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Oh I hate car troubles. So sorry jess. And sorry you didnt get lunch.
Hmmm which would be worse for me, no car or no lunch..... I think no car. Maybe its something really simple.

#102298 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:53 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz
Oooo Jess, I'm so sorry......cars are nothing but money pits from the moment we drive them off the lot.....have you had problems with it lately? What kind is it? Hang in there, hopefully it won't be anything major.

Actually, I have been really lucky with my car. I haven't had a whole lot of problems with it and the stuff that did go wrong was while it was still under warranty and it was never anything too major. The mechanic thinks that it might be the fuel pump this time. I have no idea what that will cost me but I am hoping that it isn't too bad. My car is a 2001 Chevy Malibu.

#102336 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 12:32 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
My brother has a Malibu. I'll keep my fingers crossed it doesn't cost a lot to fix. One good thing, at least you weren't on a roadtrip when it happened and you were close to home. Keep us updated. kissie

#102376 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 01:12 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I hope it is a quick fix too. It doesn't sound like the fuel pump will be too cheap though. I will definitely keep you updated!

Then, my boss made isn't in the office today and he told me that I had to walk to the bank to do the deposit today because it needed to be in by 3 pm. It wasn't too bad but it is really hot out so it wasn't much fun. So, while I was out walking I stopped at the grocery store and got something to eat. lol

#102390 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 01:22 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Yeah, way to get that food snuck in there! I would've done the same thing too! lol I would hate to have to walk today, it's SO hot outside I can't stand it!

#102404 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 01:33 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It's hot here too! It wasn't much fun walking to the bank but yeah then I got to eat too! lol lol

#102480 Aug 3rd, 2007 at 05:13 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Sorry about your car Jess, wont your car insurance pay for the tow?

"All good things come to those that wait."
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Sorry about your car Jessica!!! I know how you feel without it!!
My brakes have been out for a month!!! My son will be fixing it soon (I hope).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
yeah, what about insurance? mine did, but that was a few years ago....

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, I know all too well how you're feeling right now. I hope you can get it fixed and that it doesn't cost too much.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
No my insurance does not cover to get it towed. James used our Durango to pull it last night because we only had to go 3 blocks. So, right now it is at the repair shop and they were going to look at it around 11 this morning. It was our town celebration over the weekend and I ran into the owner's wife at the park. She works there and I had asked her to get me an estimated price for the fuel pump. So when I saw her yesterday she told me that if it was the fuel pump it would be over $500 but they don't know yet if that is what it is for sure or not.

#104264 Aug 6th, 2007 at 09:16 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
shockthats crazy! we just put [well ok my hubs just put] a fule pump in our truck n it didnt even cost 100 bucks! iknow all cars/trucks are diffrent with diffrent part prices but thats just crazy!

sorry your havin car troubles kissie

[Linked Image]
sibyl #104268 Aug 6th, 2007 at 09:21 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That's crazy!!!! $500!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Glad that James could just pull it instead of having it towed though.

Mark's been working on my car and it needs a new dimmer switch or something and it's $100 for that....just for a dimmer switch. It's ridiculous what they charge for parts. uhuhh

#104271 Aug 6th, 2007 at 09:25 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I have no idea what it would cost if we did it ourselves Christy, but James isn't much into working on cars so I am having it fixed by a mechanic and that is the price they gave me. I sure hope they find that it is something else and not the fuel pump. Guess I will find out soon!

#104276 Aug 6th, 2007 at 09:31 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
oh Jess, my Planty friend ~

I so regret to hear all this trouble over your Malibu. Oh, let us keep praying that it isn't the fuel pump or anything too outrageous! Or, if it is, that a means is provided to you to pay it.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #104406 Aug 6th, 2007 at 11:45 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I got a call awhile ago from my mechanic. It wasn't my fuel pump. clap clap My car has a built-in theft system and apparently that just had to be reset. They told me that it is something I can do myself if it ever happens again and they told me how. Apparently it is common in Chevy cars made in 1999-2002. I am so happy that is all that it was! I might get charged something but nothing close to $500. clap clap

#104417 Aug 6th, 2007 at 11:52 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It definitely is! I have never been so happy to get news about my car! lol

#104496 Aug 6th, 2007 at 04:48 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
You already know I'm happy for you kissie....thank goodness it wasn't anything that cost $500! shock

#104652 Aug 7th, 2007 at 04:56 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Gee I had the same thing happen to me with a Pontiac Sunfire I had. It kept cutting out and the engine light would come on. I had accidentally set of the anti-theft system(still don't know how) and it kept shutting the gas lines off. lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That has to be what happened with mine Tamara because it would turn over but it was like it was not getting any gas. I don't know if I set it off somehow or what. But, they did say that they have seen 4 or 5 of the same kind of car with the same thing. So, I don't think I did anything but who knows. lol lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image