Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100114 Jul 30th, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
TO WRENNIE,
i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the kitty bed you made me! :ding: it is soo pretty and it having a removable cover is a great touch! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! kissie

In case you all did'nt see the other thread in hobbies last week, i sent wrennie the $ to make me a kitty couch fashioned after a door stop she made. it is the best kitty bed i have seen ever!!!!!!!!! clap cat :luv :ding:
she also included a crocheted mouse that matches!!!!!

it was intended for snuggles, my last year rescue, well, i put snuggles on the bed, he could'nt care less, stole the little mouse and took off!
[Linked Image]

well, 2 weeks ago, i nabbed 2 kittens off the highway that was living under a rock on the lake edge. 2 boys, there was 3 but someone said there was one hit a few days before i was there. boohoo am i the only one in town here that would stop and see if there was more?!?!? :mad:

anyway, the new bed aunt wrennie made is a HUGE hit with them! they attack the little pillow, play on it, and even lay on it..... lol

here they are on their new, comfy, cute bed....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by faerywatcher; Jul 30th, 2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: forgot word

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
and here is one more...
[Linked Image]

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
clap They are gorgous kitties! I think you need more mice! Snuggles might decide he wants the bed when he sees the kittens like it. My older cat was is like that with the 3 siblings. Thats so cute they both fit on it!

Last edited by Wrennie; Jul 30th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
yeah, more mice!!!! i can't put them together because snuggles turned out to be carrying a type of corona viruse---FIP maybe...so i won't bring anything else in the house, it would not be fair to them.

until they get big enough to go outside in a pen (10 x 6 dog kennel), they have a little cage out on the storage porch, but i bring them inside and let them have playtime in the upstairs bathroom during the day, then back out in cage with canned food for a treat. they have already learned this routine! grin

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
boohoo poor Snuggles. I didnt know what that was and googled it. Found an informative site.
http://www.dr-addie.com/

#100141 Jul 30th, 2007 at 11:36 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
thanks, they are pretty aren't they???!!!!?!?!

wrennie, you really should sell these...in your shop maybe?....
"yes, mrs. smith, the birdfeeder you puchased will be so appropriate with your yard decor, would be be interested in purchasing this handmade cat bed so your neighbors cat can stalk and kill your birds in comfort? thank you and come back!"

zoink
lol

5k Posts
5k Posts
The last pic, on the first post, looked like 1 cat with two heads! lol It took me a couple minutes to figure out that I was looking at 2 kittens playing.

That bed is adorable, Wrennie. I'm so glad that your kitties are enjoying it, Wendy.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Originally Posted by faerywatcher
thanks, they are pretty aren't they???!!!!?!?!

wrennie, you really should sell these...in your shop maybe?....
"yes, mrs. smith, the birdfeeder you puchased will be so appropriate with your yard decor, would be be interested in purchasing this handmade cat bed so your neighbors cat can stalk and kill your birds in comfort? thank you and come back!"

zoink
lol

lol nervous lol

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
a new marketing ploy

ATTRACT BIRDS AND FEED YOUR CAT ALL IN ONE STEP!

pretty bad huh? lol shock

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by LandOfOz
The last pic, on the first post, looked like 1 cat with two heads! lol It took me a couple minutes to figure out that I was looking at 2 kittens playing.

That bed is adorable, Wrennie. I'm so glad that your kitties are enjoying it, Wendy.

lol lol lol

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Wrennie
boohoo poor Snuggles. I didnt know what that was and googled it. Found an informative site.
http://www.dr-addie.com/

i obsessed over it when i first found out, but all i can do is keep him happy and "healthy" for as long as i can. he could start becoming sick at anytime, or i can have him for years....just take it as it comes!

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
I had 2 cats with feline leukemia, and adopted one knowing he had feline aids.
Thats the same as what I did. Keep them happy as long as you can.
Glad to say my 4 now are all disease free. I hope snuggles feels healthy for many years for you.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW - too precious Wendy! I just want to cuddle all of them!

Great bed, Aunt Wrennie - you do such nice work!!!

Our first cat, Cookie, ended up having bone marrow cancer at just 4 years old - we didn't know it until the day before we had to put her to "sleep". We truly believe it was from the feline leukemia shot, and found another vet for our current cats who believes as we do, and does not recommend giving it.

I hope each of your furry critters lives a very long, happy, and healthy life.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots

blush Thanks.

I never heard about that with the leukemia shot.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Awwwwwwwww Auntie Wrennie is awesome!! clap That is a really cool Kitty bed!!
And Looks like the babies have already claimed it! lol lol

Wendy Bless you for rescueing the kitties, Here's to long full happy lives for them and you'll be blessed ten fold for taking them into your home kissie They are adorable!! grin cat cat

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW - too precious Wendy! I just want to cuddle all of them!

Our first cat, Cookie, ended up having bone marrow cancer at just 4 years old - we didn't know it until the day before we had to put her to "sleep". We truly believe it was from the feline leukemia shot, and found another vet for our current cats who believes as we do, and does not recommend giving it.

I hope each of your furry critters lives a very long, happy, and healthy life.

i also don't think vaccines are healthy, i give each one a booster when they are fixed, after that i don't fool with them.

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Wrennie
I had 2 cats with feline leukemia, and adopted one knowing he had feline aids.
Thats the same as what I did. Keep them happy as long as you can.
Glad to say my 4 now are all disease free. I hope snuggles feels healthy for many years for you.

i know how you feel! tears i have tested every cat i took in and still wound up with both aids and leukemia---between years ago not having a test for aids, i lost callie---then bear & blueberry got sick and i retested, they had leukemia---lost them! boohoo we think it was hiding in their bone marrow and the first test did not pick it up.

i still have a few old kitties from that group but who knows if they contacted either!

i was always sooo careful (i thought), and it did not seem to make a difference! all i can do is rescue who i can, fix them, and make sure they are happy, sheltered, and loved! i am not even going to test the new kittens, whether they are neg. or pos., it won't make any difference, they will be by themselves and this is their home now!

Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Very Great pics!

Also, that was VERY decent of you to pick up those kitties... Most people would just pass them by... My cat is very nasty and vicious, and would surely be put to sleep if we got rid of it, so we hang on to it, and besides, it's sorta the 'joke' around... because it's so, well, large, and absent-minded... lol It's just something to joke about. lol
I, too, hope they live a very long, happy life.. but since you saved them, they probably will.. kissie

**Not to mention, that's a pretty cool bed! grin clap lol **

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
thank you mark, and yay for you for keeping a mean cat! one of mine i have had for 5 years is a b*#@*#, i still can't touch her, she stays under the dog house when i am out side, so everyday, i look and make sure she is still alive! oh well!

i love my kitty couch bed!

Last edited by faerywatcher; Jul 30th, 2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: misspelled

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
that is a really great bed that Wrennie made for you, Wendy. well, er for your kitties.

your kitties are 2 lucky kitties!!! :wink:

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I'M IN LOVE WITH KITTIES!!!!! :ding:

Nur Offline
They are so cute!!! : )

Nur Offline
And that kitty bed is really neat!

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
OH NO!!!! just got back from eating in town, there is 2 kitties there....1 orange tabby male, very hungry and skinny.....but friendly....and 1 black WILD one....i will go and feed them every nite behind the dumpsters.....i can't take anymore in right now, i rescued 3 in a month!

oh yeah, did i tell you guys i nabbed another one last week? dumped, female, and preganent----but not for long! getting her spayed next thursday.

i feel like i am the only one here in town that cares about kitties....how can you let something go homeless and hungry?!?!?! :mad:

boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo

Last edited by faerywatcher; Aug 1st, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
bless you wendy for loving the creatures kissie

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Wendy, you sure are a kind & caring sole. There should be more like you.

________

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
thank you....i wish there was more like me.....spay and neuter everything, and they all have permanent homes......

so many around here don't care....

"farmer ted" will say...gotta bunch of cats at my place...
me......oh, are you into rescuing and making a difference for the little animals?
him.....nope, they just showed up
me.......do you feed them?
him.......aw, they can catch the mice
me..... :mad: are they fixed?
him.....nope
me.....you know, there are low cost spay/neuter programs available...
him.....(staring and blinking) ya see this tractor here....
me..... :mad: OH JUST NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have had several of these conversations as well as my mother.....i don't know if this is the thinking of country people, OR THEY ARE REALLY JUST IDIOTS!

3k Posts
3k Posts
Wendy I love your kitties. I thought there was only me as crazy about cats...I am glad that Im not alone.

[Linked Image]
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
no, you are not alone! i love all animals, but am a cat person thru and thru! cat

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
no, you are not alone! i love all animals, but am a cat person thru and thru! cat

me too

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thank you....i wish there was more like me.....spay and neuter everything, and they all have permanent homes...

i have had several of these conversations as well as my mother.....i don't know if this is the thinking of country people, OR THEY ARE REALLY JUST IDIOTS!

there are many people who just do not get it. My parents are some. My dad many years ago had a pet beagle. he was so close to "mike' it was something to behold. so mike got old & sick 7 needed to be put down---so since one does not spend money on vets---dad took him out to the woods 9which he loved) let him run around for a bit--had a conversation with him & then shot him. he then buried him & came home with tears in his eyes. I was grown with kids & it was the first time I had seen that. I just think that was wrong--but it was how he & his generation did/does things--- rolz

________

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
i guess you do what you know, but this day and age, people should be "reprogramed". i am sure that was the hardest thing for your dad to do and don't agree with how he did it, BUT, he did make a good choice in not letting him suffer! some don't even care to do that!

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i don't know that your dad was wrong. a well placed shot would be much less painful and traumatic than an uncomfortable trip to the vet, yet another physical exam, then being held down for the shot.

my husband and i both grew up like your dad. but, when it came time to put our cat down, neither of us had the heart to do it so it was off to the vet. they wouldn't do it until they verified she was really ill, counseled me on how i was making the right choice, and then they did it. Then, i had the $40 bill to pay, and the drive home to bury her.

what made it worse was that she hated cars, hated driving, hated strangers, and hated that exam table. so if either of us had been able to handle a single shot while she was sleeping in the sun, we could have buried her within minutes, and she wouldn't have suffered at all. but we couldn't do it. i wish i could have. i still feel bad for making her take that last car ride, even though putting her down was the right thing to do.

#108560 Aug 12th, 2007 at 06:55 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
that's true, in your case, the way she went was for more traumatic than the other....but you did the right thing in seeing that she did not suffer.

YEARS AGO, (i hope i don't get in trouble for saying this), we were using a country vet in town that knew us pretty good, she would let us take the syringe of euthanasia stuff home and do the deed where our cats chose. i can't even remember why my cat snickers was failing, but i took him outside where we did our afternoon walks while he was sick, sat on the step, spent the last time together, then i injected it into his hip. this took several minutes since it did not go through the vein, but he just put his head down and slept. this WAS the hardest thing to do, but he went at home with no one else around but who he knew!
tears cat

#108918 Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
tonya, i agree 100%! that is the main problem-people not being responsible in the first place. if you choose to have a animal, you (meaning people in general) should see that the animal is taken care of for the rest of it's life and spayed or neutered so that you are not adding to the overpopulation of homeless animals that is a result of people being irresponsible in the first place!

what you and jiffy have done is much more humane than just letting them crawl off and die a horrible death somewhere.....my beef is the spaying and neutering thing....that is what i meant when i said reprogrammed.

cat thumbup

#109042 Aug 13th, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
no, that is quite allright! if everybody had such strong opinions (like us), the animals would not have such a hard time in this world!

grin

#109103 Aug 13th, 2007 at 01:25 PM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Tonya
kissie Gotcha!! blush Didn't mean to go off half cocked......

notme Tequila??

#109202 Aug 13th, 2007 at 03:48 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
why
why can't more people get fired up like that?

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
just a little update on my kittens....kittens get into EVERYTHING! the computer wires, my ficus tree, the curtains, the computer desk....oh dear! i am going to have to baby proof stuff! egad

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
took my newest rescue "caliebell" to be spayed today, i will pick her up in the morning! have no idea where to put her to recover....the dogs are in the pool room, the kittens are in upstairs bathroom, and the 2 house cats have the rest! i am starting to feel like i have hospital rooms instead of a house! cat

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image