Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#185524 Feb 24th, 2008 at 01:41 PM
6 Images
Patriot
10k Posts
Widening of 601 South

I tried to add these pictures to the original post but can't figure out how. The DOT man came back AGAIN about 1-1/2 months ago to discuss buying our land and said he'd be back in 2 weeks with the checks. Haven't seen him and now there is equipment in our yard and new stakes everywhere. Check this out.
4 Comments
Bestofour #185564 Feb 24th, 2008 at 02:54 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Your house is cute Sheri.....

But what the heck is up with the stakes going thru your house? I'd be LIVID to find all of those stakes and nobody around to talk to.

Can you contact them?

#185570 Feb 24th, 2008 at 03:16 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I would get rid of the stakes. It is still your land. And here they actually pay for trees or remove and replant them where you might want them. This is so sad.

Tina #185585 Feb 24th, 2008 at 04:50 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
OP Offline
Patriot
10k Posts
I thought about removing the stakes but I figured they would put them back.

I don't know what's up with that stake going through the house. It's just wierd. I went to all the meetings and looked at all the drawings and this is totally different than what we were told. My neighbor, down the road on the other side, is going to shoot at them next time he sees them. He probably really will because he says he has no trespassing signs posted and they can't come on his property. I may have to bail him out of jail.

Bestofour #186483 Feb 26th, 2008 at 04:56 PM
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
You should contact the dot department... they are not allowed to do that... thestate only owns a little bit of everyones land about 3-5 of the front by the drive ways and thats all! here to they also reimburse you and will move your plants... my dad used to be dot he found a bette rpaying job and he says they got a sh*t system they do... oh and yes take up the stakes and i would mail them to them! and also get a bunch of your neighbors, and friends and create a petition girl!!! then send it to the town hall!!! and get a protest going! just something frienly with signs and stuff! also put no tresspassing signs up in your yard also and if they come back call the cops... call your sherrif not the dot. local sheriffs never do get along with dot... also make copys of the petition that way if they rip it up youll have a back up! don't let them mess with you! if you do theyll walk all over you!

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image