Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
5 Images
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Visiting a friend's who loves plants and paints

This afternoon I went to visit a co-worker, Donnie.( he's the co-worker that got me started on the Datura's (moonflower shrub) last year.)
He has asked me over to his house several times to see his plants and view his painting of "models" and meet his wife,, Today I finally went! clap Man Does he ever have a green thumb, and talented with his acrylic painting of model characters ,planes, combact equipment, monsters etc,, He has closets FULL of his models, and a work room with boxes stacked with models yet to put together & paint!! I thought of CIndy when I saw the Alien! lol lol

AS a gardener he loves it!!!
He has had plants for years,, and has created Bonsai plants from evergreen trees to oak trees as minatures,, and has sold them for a pretty good price all included with japanese characters. Today he gave me pieces of varigated ficus, and Hawaian Schefflera to root to grow as well as the bonsai container and japanese characters and japanese ''Shears" to help trim and shape,, I need to go get some copper wiring 16 gage to "train" branches with.
He grows carnivorous plants too. One in particular is the Nepenthas Gentle,, it has gotten soo huge he is now growing it as a tree,, the pitcher it's self gets huge as well with hairy centers on the outside of the Pitcher,, he has New babies starting,, and gave me a 'starter ' to get me going on one!
I had a very nice afternoon! I came home with starts of pitchers, two types of Ficas, bonsai "kit", 10 striped cannas,already 4ft tall, schefflera starts,and another plant low growing I forgot the name But it's green and pick speckled small leaved that gets tiny flowers on it , it's supposed to be an annual,, even in Tx But Donnie has had it some back the last two years and last winter was the coldest weather we've had in several years. I have it in water now to root But 'WE' don't know if it will root this way or not so we'll see, why

His Dog Ceaser was the Highlight of the Visit tho!! HE is a Great Dane that has been blind for a long time,, Ceaser was born with Ice blue eyes and his vision got worse after year 1 he is now 6, ANd Very Gentle for his large stature.. Donnie said it's not often he takes to people I told Donnie,, Your Kidding! shock he came right to me grin ~ But like they say,, Animals know, ! grin who will love them back!I could throw the tennis ball anywhere in the yard and he would get it.. Donnie told him to drop the ball and Kick,, and Ceaser did just that..... dropped the ball from his mouth and kicked it toward Donnie,, Coooooool!

I guess I need to get out of the house more often!! lol lol

You can see more plants/ painting and Ceaser here!
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/Donnies%20plants/
6 Comments
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Cool, Diane. I like Ceasar too. The painted monster models took me back. My ex had a bunch of them. I wonder if he still does?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Look at the roots on that 23 year old ficus!!!!!! Wow!!
So that's where you was off to??!!!
Like the painted figures!! Cool!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Very cool pics Diane, like the monsters and plants...and the Great Dane is cute...poor doggy being bline--my Nana's dog Rex was blind but he protected us kids.

Thanks for sharing. kissie

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
I would love Ceaser!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Thanks for sharing the pics Diane!!

It is great that Ceaser has such a wonderful home!!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
awwwww....that's so nice that a blind doggie has such a good owner. :ding:

I thought of CIndy when I saw the Alien!

hmmmm.....I can't imagine why..... why

rolz notme lol lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image