Active Threads · Active Posts · Unanswered Today · Since Yesterday · This Week
The Banter Hall Jump to new posts
Re: Coffee House 2604 Tina 4 hours ago
How long into winter will those potatoes last, Sunny?
My groceries did not come today. It was put off until tonight or tomorrow.
2 21 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2603 Tina Yesterday at 01:00 PM
Ok, Ok. I'm it. See you in 2604.
121 1,323 Read More
Plant Propagation Jump to new posts
Re: Propagating Shasta Daisies (?) Sunflowers Yesterday at 11:35 AM
If it has buds then it is growing...you can plant it in the ground.
3 58 Read More
Gardener's Chat Jump to new posts
Re: What did you do in the garden today? 2020 Sunflowers Yesterday at 12:49 AM
Sheri, here carrots and potatoes are the first seed to go in the ground....they seem to like the cold start. We have had very heavy frosts, every flower and garden plant is dead but the carrot tops look as healthy as they did a month ago. why
168 2,646 Read More
Vegetable Gardening Jump to new posts
Re: What is wrong with my tomatoes? Sunflowers Sep 15th, 2020 at 04:35 PM
Your tomato looks like it has Bacterial spot. Sometimes the plants and even the seeds are already infected and spreads once it is in the garden, and it can be spread on your garden tools as well. Warm, humid weather spreads it quicker. The nutrient deficiency you mentioned can also stress the plant and make it more vulnerable to disease.

Do you plant many tomatoes? Are they planted in the same soil every year as well?
1 36 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2602 JunieGirl Sep 5th, 2020 at 02:08 AM
Thanks for opening a new CH, Tina.

This one is closed. See you in 2603
107 1,136 Read More
The Plants and Flowers Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Purple flower that does not attract bees Bestofour Sep 1st, 2020 at 03:28 PM
I have two hydrangeas. They are blue in the summer but turn a short of purple in the fall. I've never seen a bee on either of them. They are not in full though. Purple petunias can take a lot of sun, but not perennial, and I've never seen a lot of bees on them either. I know it only takes one bee though and I agree with Sunny about the attraction issue. Mums come in all sorts of colors and I haven't noticed bees on them either.
2 61 Read More
Our Favorite Recipes Jump to new posts
Re: Novice at Canning needs help Sunflowers Aug 31st, 2020 at 10:58 AM
Are you then placing those filled bottles in a canner to process? You have to process tomatoes in a boiling water bath to preserve them to kill any spores.
3 80 Read More
Re: Coffeehouse 2601... Tina Aug 24th, 2020 at 09:54 PM
I'm going to open 2602. See you there! This one is closed.
114 1,259 Read More
Newest Members
Mike T, mlaraywhite, CuriousGardener, newgardenersd, novice canner, ahadshaheer, Zarin, Hausofrodney, Amanda Marshall, Fokadonar, Halifax, Mrs. Bernaey921, Prinzsg0607, laurahiddleston, Ricko_uk, Darth Stewie, Doug123, custom 25, Willow999, KristyHynes, Hannah8032, Zenplant, wingo22, Hmarie, lemonyguac
15931 Registered Users
Recent Visitors
5 members (Tina, JunieGirl, Sunflowers, Gremelin, hibiscusgirl), 137 guests, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,204
Posts234,647
Average Daily Posts11
Members15,932
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
JunieGirl 113
Tina 96