Active Threads · Active Posts · Unanswered Today · Since Yesterday · This Week
The Banter Hall Jump to new posts
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Yesterday at 02:47 PM
Yay for rain instead of snow or ice. We got 1-1/2 inches of rain night before last, which was good..we needed it.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Yesterday at 10:37 AM
haha Those pics are too cute at times.

Two days of heavy rain for us, hopefully it starts to melt that snow.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 27th, 2024 at 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bestofour
That frog is exactly right. smile

LOL..my goodness, but you are 100% right, Sheri.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Bestofour Mar 27th, 2024 at 04:04 PM
I'd rather be home to Sunny but being alone too much makes a person crazy especially when it's too cold or rainy to go outside.

That frog is exactly right. smile
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 27th, 2024 at 12:23 PM
Bestofour, I would never leave my house if I could...if they had food delivery here, it might work. lol

Junie, I found this pic and I know you love frogs, so....
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Bestofour Mar 27th, 2024 at 03:04 AM
Raining and cold here the next 2 days. It's hard staying in this house by myself so many days in a row.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 26th, 2024 at 09:46 PM
I have no idea of the planting date where I live at now. Back home we planted them March 17...well when it was warm enough...but there I had even planted in early May and they made.

I guess I will plant here as soon as I find some seed potatoes.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 26th, 2024 at 09:11 PM
I can't wait to plant potatoes. We plant them the last week of May here....freezing rain for tonight.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 25th, 2024 at 02:05 PM
Sheri, I too love to plant potatoes. Here I just end up with 10 pounds or so, but they do taste good, so I am happy to do it.

Sunny, yes, comp!ain away ! I too am tired of winter. And if I lived where you do, I would be tired if it the day it first came in.

Good morning !
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 25th, 2024 at 12:45 PM
Bestofour, Can I come live with you? lol

I have to go shovel the roof on the house and shed in a few minutes. Am I allowed to complain about how I am so sick of Winter? haha
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Bestofour Mar 24th, 2024 at 08:37 PM
I covered a few things for the freezing weather the other night and so far so good. Junie, I'm sorry about your magnolias because they smell so good. I love using the big leaves in decorations. If you spray paint them they stay fresh looking for months. I use them a lot.

I love planting and digging up potatoes but I'm not planting any this year or maybe ever. I just don't eat enough of them to make it worth my while. I can buy them at the farmers market.

I have got my squash bales ready and squash seeds planted in cups in the little green house, and I've got the cucumber bed turned over and seeds also planted in the green house. Still need to clean out the raised beds for tomatoes and okra. That's all I'll plant.

I'd planned to work outside this afternoon but it's cold and windy so not gonna do it.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 24th, 2024 at 01:52 PM
I don't know about that, Sunny.
We moved further south, and that is not all it is cracked up to be. We don't have so much of the snow and such here, but when there is bad weather it it is usually accompanied by ice. I could do without that.

Good morning.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 24th, 2024 at 10:33 AM
Have fun.

I think we got the 'storm of the Winter', and it is still snowing.....these are the days when I wish I loved further South. shewinks
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 23rd, 2024 at 06:07 PM
Good morning !

I would send some if I could. Hopefully yours will think to come soon.

The kids are spending the night tonight. They will be here soon.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 23rd, 2024 at 12:12 PM
Good morning, can someone send me some Spring weather? grin
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 23rd, 2024 at 03:58 AM
Goodnight everyone !! Sleep well !!
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 22nd, 2024 at 01:01 PM
Sad but true. You need to tell mother nature that she has it backwards. But here we have occasionally had snow in April and very occasionally one in May. Thank fully that is not the norm though.

Mailing off my Easter to the east coast today.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 22nd, 2024 at 10:27 AM
I hope you and your granddaughter had a fun day Junie.

Well, a foot of snow has fallen again with another 12 to 18 inches to fall on Saturday. I guess Mother Nature decided to just wait until Spring to send us the Winter snow that missed us. In like a lamb out like a lion instead. lol
52 1,142 Read More
Water Gardens Jump to new posts
Re: Pump required? Anonymous Mar 21st, 2024 at 08:04 PM
Monitoring water usage can be a breeze with the right tech. I've had my own challenges with water-related issues, like when water damage wreaked havoc on half of my house.
18 11,321 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 21st, 2024 at 12:59 PM
Today is a do nothing and care of my Granddaughter kind of day. She is home from school which is only a half day. Hopefully I can find some smaller projects to do today that won't interfere with here being here.

I hope they are wrong about the forecast, Sunny. Here, our weather is supposed to continue to go up and down. SMH..
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 21st, 2024 at 09:57 AM
Sorry about the magnolia, I forgot that they bloom before leafing.

It is snowing out but is a milder day so it won't be so bad. Mind you, they are calling for a major storm for the weekend.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 20th, 2024 at 02:40 PM
The magnolia tree is all brown now, so no more pretty flowers. But it will soon be putting out leaves, it will then once again look nice. Nothing else was harmed. We are hoping those freezes are done for the year. We do not get fresh peaches in the area some years because of that. It happens to apples as well but that bothers me less. I can always buy apples at the store.

Today is fixing up Easter gifts to mail. I was going to work outside but there will be warmer days for that.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:10 AM
We get freezes like that every few years, at times when the apple/cherry trees are in bud. It is a loss of fresh produce for the year.

We are getting a clearer day today, it is time I get out to pay bills.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 JunieGirl Mar 19th, 2024 at 01:01 PM
The Magnolia not only was in bud, they were mostly bloomed out. The winds a few nights ago got rid of a lot if them, I imagine the freeze didn't help. (I have not looked out yet)

I had 3 daffodils blooming last night. I picked them, I figured that would make my Cora
happy tonight.

Below freezing here this morning.
52 1,142 Read More
Re: Coffee House 2651 Sunflowers Mar 19th, 2024 at 11:14 AM
The daffodils will be fine, ours get covered in snow even in bloom, they are as tough as dandelions. Not sure about the magnolia blooms though, was it in bud?
52 1,142 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Newest Members
Alan Duggan, Mitchell Mason, ZB1one, Misfitmanda, hamshi, Suncatcher, Inside Gardening, Gardening Inside, Rougelle, drgunther, NehemiahPeterson, karahuels, Allice, bgtips, Ishika, HARV0522, Algorithm, sheep_girl, johnsmith, Jim S, Pharmer Phil, tropicalplantae, Lilly Rose, Milind Saraswala, Howard Parker
16,004 Registered Users
Recent Visitors
2 members (Gremelin, JunieGirl), 1,916 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image