This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#94365 January 29th, 2004 at 11:21 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Gardengal....Is there a specific type used for planting in the ground...all I've seen are the type for hanging baskets! I loveeee fushias....I gave my parents one that was called indian maiden double trailing...the pink and purple are just amazing colors!!!

Hmmmm....Unless I have my directions all mixed up :rolleyes: my south wall is HOT and sunny!!! Do you have some trees that are shading that side?

#94366 January 29th, 2004 at 11:55 PM
Catlover, kit I don't know what their names are (this was before I was Ms. Organized-File-Away-Names-of-plants girl). I think I bought them all at Target or Home Depot. One is a tree type that stands about 4 ft tall. That one has the red and purple mixed blooms. It was on clearance at Target since it was near death but I saved it. flw

#94367 January 30th, 2004 at 10:39 PM
OP Offline
Ok, thanks to all who helped here...

Catlover, I did cut the vincas back, I did basically what you did, look for new growth and cut back to that point. some of the brances had been so long they were weighting the plants down. after pruning, I had nice springy little plants. That was yesterday. I went out today to do some watering and it looked like they had grown tons of leaves over night! All those little buds were opening up. YAY Duh

I'll take more pics after we see what's there. Thanks to you all!!

I''m sure I'll have more questions along the way, thanks for taking the time to simplify things for me, the novice that I am. I appreciate the kind help. shocked

#94368 January 30th, 2004 at 11:31 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Simplify??? LOL....that was the most intelligent it gets. laugh laugh

You are great Rellie....Hey I have some crocus and daffodils that are sprouting up right now....go to yahoo or google and see if any of the new sprouts look like those!!! Let us know what you ended up with!!! I have something in the front under my weeping birch that is coming up....didn't last year....wonder what it is?....it has different sprouts than the previous 2 I mentioned!!! Time will tell!!! Then I may have to research what the heck it is!!! laugh

Keep us updated!!! wavey

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard