Register Today!
Welcome to the A Gardeners Forum forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and access to other features.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291773 - 08/07/2009 at 07:02 AM cucumber has round rust spots on leaves
NoLoJones Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Hi:

I have quite a few cucumber trees and reccently I noticed that the bottom leaves have some round rust spot of different sizes from penny sizes to silver doller sizes;(maybe they want to grow some doe for me). Some trees seem to have died because of the spots while the more established trees sre still bearing new flowers and fruit and seem to be healthy at the upper leaves. Is this a fumgus or what?
NoLo Jones. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links

#291968 - 08/09/2009 at 05:41 PM Re: cucumber has round rust spots on leaves [Re: NoLoJones]
NoLoJones Offline

It's me NoLo again. I noticed that my cucumber leaves are now drying and the plants are dieing. The leaves are getting all dried and brittle and the small cucumbers are not growing. I sprayed soap water on them but that is not helping. Does anyone what seems to be the problem. Thanks.

#291975 - 08/09/2009 at 08:09 PM Re: cucumber has round rust spots on leaves [Re: NoLoJones]
Bestofour Online   content
Patriot
10k Posts

Loc: Monroe, NC
it may just be that it's the end of the season and too hot.

http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour

#293018 - 08/19/2009 at 04:58 PM Re: cucumber has round rust spots on leaves [Re: Bestofour]
NoLoJones Offline

Hello there, how is every one? I hope the cuke folks have better luck than I have.

It is not the end of season here in NY. Some leaves seem to be ok, but many of the leaves are yellow and they have these brown/rust spots and some of the spots have become holes in the leaves and the outer edges of the leaves have dried and are curling up. I removed all the damaged leaves and used a liquid copper fungicide but the spots keep appearing on other leaves and the same thing is happening to my squash which is on the same bed and they share the same trellis. I did manage to reap some cucumbers but now all the small cukes are dying. HELP!! I am going crazy over this.

Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in October
Gardening in November
Gardening in December

Visit us on Facebook
Shout Box

Forum Stats
15,886 Members
65 Forums
13,688 Topics
210,020 Posts