Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#349797 Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:48 AM
OP Offline
ok i have trouble sleeping. and waking up with nose bleeds from the room being so dry. so i bought two humidifiers and that helped the nose problem. now having plants in the room helps the oxygen level. now the questions i have is i want to get ivys to grown completely across my ceiling in my room and down the walls i dont want to be able to see the ceiling at all. nor do i want to be able to see the wire the ivy is growing on. as of now i am experimenting and have the ivy in a 30 gallon fish aquarium with about an inch of water in it i have holes in the bottom of the pot witch is keeping the soil at the top of the pot moist it is not flooding it. my questions are how to i get the ivy to grow thick and so big inside the house and what is the best way to grow this ivy at a fast pace? i have a 65 watt plant light on the plant. also was wondering the hours of light it needs and i did notice that the plant was turning the bottoms of the leaves towards the light.if anyone knows how to acomplish what i want and has any ideas on how to do this better anything would be appreciated. no offense will be taken if im doing something wrong already just started this two days ago.

clueless
daniellee #349799 Nov 13th, 2011 at 12:39 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, daniellee.
You would need a lot more light on the plant than a single plant light to accomplish what you would like to do. And a lot of fertilizer and it would not happen in under a year. Probably much longer.
I have seen some full ivies, climbing in odd places. But I have never seen what you would like them to do. Good luck.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #349801 Nov 13th, 2011 at 12:54 PM
OP Offline
thank you tina. i have been in constrution for a while and have the capability to build the structure to hold the weight of the plant but know nothing about the fungi from the moister and humidity nor do i know how to accelarate the growth of a plant i am willing to try anyones ideas and will keep them updated on the progress or reports of their idea for their own use

clueless
daniellee #349909 Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
have you tried putting Vaseline inside your nostrils before you go to sleep? No more nose bleeds.

daniellee #350019 Nov 22nd, 2011 at 04:08 AM
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
hi Danillee, I love the sound of a room full of ivy though it may take a while to accomplish that much growth, in the maen time you could bring in other plants till the Ivy takes over.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image