Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#309467 Mar 7th, 2010 at 06:42 PM
OP Offline
I was looking for an nature friendly product to kill slugs and snails (kind of an oxymoron huh?). Most of the organic products seem marginal at best. The baits attract the slugs, but take a few days to kill them; meanwhile they are laying 20 to 100 eggs a day - nice legacy huh?.

I want an organic product. I found this one product doing a web search. It popped up at www.snail-n-slugaway.com. I see their product advertised on their website, but I don't see a way to purchase it from a retailer or on-line. It looks pretty promising, but I can't seem to find someone who actually is selling it or knows much about it. It looks like it could be an organic way to effectively deal with snails and slugs; it says its and an ovicide too. That is quite appealing to me. So my question is, do you know anything about this product, is it a product that you would carry. I would really like to test it out, but I can't find any place to buy it. Any help you could give me with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, IBSmiley.I don't know about that product. But beer makes a good slug and snail bait. And look here for many other solutions.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
i use copious amounts of sawdust thrown betwen rows and plants .....works like a charm ....it irritates the slugs delicate slimey skin .....lol

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
You can also buy Diatomaceous earth, it's organic and cheap.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image