Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, I think I got feathers at the Dollar Store a few years back.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, but the one I went to today did not have any. Michael's had packages for $1.29 as an after Mardi Gras sale. Not bad at all.
Sweet dreams all. My turn to head to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
My turn to go to sleep is coming up next.
Tomorrow I have to go to a Drs appt. in Springfield, which is an hours drive away.--but the good news is my sister is taking me & we like to shop near where the Drs. office is located---YAY !!!
G'nite & sweet dreams.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope you have a great day with your sister, Carol. And a good doctor visit tucked in. I am looking forward to this day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all.

Tina, I need to start my spring cleaning as well but am on doctors orders to wait until after an appointment in the middle of May. rspb

Hoping you have a good doc visit Carol and a fun day with sis.

Cindy, I am wondering about Lola and her eggs....won't the eggs turn bad?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Most eggs will tend to dry up inside the shells as long as they aren't broken. I just tossed out a half dozen eggs we brought home from a trip in 1994. Friends wrote all over them.
I have a pot of mixed beans on with a ham shank. It is what sounded good to me last night so I put beans on to soak. I took Ted to school and stopped to shop a bit on the way home. Now to start on today's project.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh I love beans and hambone.... but no one else does so I never make it anymore....... may make some and freeze it just for me in portions....

I went to take Derek to school but Derek had bad night and his teacher emailed Carrie to say it wasn't a good morning to many other kids had melt downs in the first 15 min of school so just as well we didn't go... so have both the little boys here - going to do school soon with Nicoli.. Carrie has it all planned out for us... he is doing much better with it and getting lots of work done too.. he loves doing research on the computer and learning about History... we are doing a paper on Harriet Tubman right now.... and George Washignton next...

The test Nicoli had the other day at the cardiologist shows he may have Potts Syndrome.. it fits a lot of his problems and may be the cause of the migraines and digestive problems.. he has to drink 64 ounces of liquid a day- water and Gatorade... and needs more salt in his diet to raise his blood pressure so it circulates better... gets to his stomach .. we all have been cooking with no or little salt and not buying much salty stuff... but he needs it so he now has his own salt shaker in our houses... this is all to see if it helps him feel better.. no real test of this just see if treatment works... doc is sending Carrie a letter to take to court with her stating all this and I told her to send a copy to school board that denied him homebound because he wasn't sick enough... it may be rare but it exists and affects how much energy and child has- chronic fatigue is part of it... physical activity is almost impossible for him because it takes blood away from his abdomen area ... complicated disease...

Well off to get something out for our dinner- pork chops and baked taters maybe... sounds good to me and easy to make..

Hubby is down to his last 2 days of work... a coworker gave him a gift card for the Outback yesterday... which was really nice... his boss is already asking him if he will come back as a contracted employee in 6 months so if he gets to bored staying home he may do that or do it for a few months a yr to make extra money if we need it...or not if he really realizes how much less stress he will have..

Well off to make lunch and start school hours.....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Well Nana, if the school staff will read the literature on Pots they will find that some people are totally incapacitated because of the symptoms. I have a slight problem with Pots and was told by a doctor years ago to use salt and drink caffeinated drinks. One of my sister also has a slight problem. We are not as severe as your grandson but it is a problem.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. I ran in a pair of shoes yesterday that are better suited for trails and my knee hurts. Will be taping it today after my shower. Nana, hopefully the school will listen now. Sorry he's going through that and hope the dietary changes help.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I had to go look up Pots. First let me say that a diagnosis for just about anything is a step forward. I really hope it helps with the school problems. I hope he is one of the ones who is able to outgrow it.
Off to go pick up my son from school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Just got a call for a job. Hoping it works out.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yay, Cheryl! A job or an interview? I am so happy for you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks... we had never heard of Pots but school will have to make accomodations for him if he goes back- Carrie still intends to do online school for them next year.. and homeschool Nicoli the rest of this year.. we did some Social Studies today... and incorporated sentence and paragraph writing into that... then he said Nana I am sick...- of course I didn't have his pills so ran him and I back to his house got his meds and gave them to him .. headed it off this time.. he rested for a while and is okay now... I got him to drink a big bottle of Gatorade and a bottle of fruit to O also... he is doing pretty well drinking ... now if I could get him to do more school work it would be good but don't want to push him... he can finish up with his Mom tonight.. Sheri they told us to avoid caffeine with him but I think that's more to do with the headaches than the Potts.. though the way I understand it is the Potts causes
the nausea and then the migraine and it then starts the cycle ,,, so hopefully with the added liquid and salt it will help a lot...

Well I am off to get the boys ready to go home and me ready to just veg... I am tired today...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sorry--I HATE this computer---I just lost my whole post---as I am tired, I will re-post tomorrow--\
Nite-nite

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I do miss hearing how your day went or is going, Carol.
Today Ted's class is going on a walk to a local burger joint. That will be fun for them. And I will come home and package my beans for individual servings and freeze them. That is all on my real list butI'm sure something else will crop up too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.

That does sound like fun for the kids, Tina. The end of year field trips are nice. I liked them 7 I was glad when my kids got to go on them. The dr I went to see yesterday has his practice in the state's capitol & there are many things for kids to see there. We saw several school busses driving kids to places like the Lincoln museum, His home & others of the eara, and the New Salem site. This is a fun time of year.

well yesterday, I took my sister in the room with me. I had gained back all but 2 pounds of the weight that I lost just after my heart Attack...I thought sure that I would get told to get it off---no one commented on it & I saw 2 nurses before I saw the Dr. I do have to have a Nuclear Stress test again, though.

WE went out to eat (of course) and then to a few stores..I found 2 blouses & a pair of capris for my new & not so improved body.

I have not ever heard of Potts Syndrome either, Nana. I will have to go read up on it when I get a moment. But I will say that I am glad that you all have fouind a Dr who was able to diagnosis the little guy so he can begin to get the help he needs. Also it is good for him, now he does not have to wonder why this is happening to him. To understand helps a lot, I am sure.
I hope that the school is nicer to you all now---I was appalled at their behavior. And they are supposed to be educated people.

Today I have to go find a pair of slacks that my MIL wants, Go visit her & then I will go help my sister watch her granddaughters (3 & 5) today, who are on Easter break as her DH will be gone.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are still very busy, Carol. And mostly for other people. I hope it is a lovely day for you.
I took Ted to school and stopped to shop for just a couple of items. I think I am good for the weekend now. Unless I decide to go to the potluck we were invited to on Sunday. I don't think we will though.I will probably have my kids here with me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Positive thoughts sent your way, Nana. Good morning everyone. Ran my errands, needed deodorant and gas. Also picked up a knee brace as the sports tape isn't doing it for my knee. Was hoping to run today but I better not with my knee bothering me. It hasn't bothered me in a long time. Lesson learned wearing a different pair if shoes that are meant more for trails. Just relaxing now and watching tv until I have to get ready for work. Got a call on a job yesterday but I'm afraid they won't call me back because my schedule doesn't quite fit their needs. My boss talked to her boss and I'm authorized to work overtime so that should help.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Overtime would be wonderful, Cheryl. i still wish you good luck with it all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Thanks all for the good wishes for Nicoli ... he is fine today... was extra tired today but that is par for the course when he has even a slight attack...

Did my bills today and then went over Carrie's with her before she went to work... she has a plan to pay off all her bills and get out of debt my next January... has it all written down but wants me to keep track and tell her to pay them on paydays... she is just so stressed she thinks she will forget and get hit with late fees etc.. so I will do that for her...

Joe got a half day off today on his last day- came home and took a nap... said a lot of people came and said goodbye to him- or called from the other states and said they will miss his help so that made him feel good... he is going in a few min to have a couple beers with his gang of friends and other guys retireing ... so will make a dinner that will keep and he can eat later...

Carrie got all her stuff ready for registering the boys for the online school this fall... is sending the last parts in today from work- they have a fax machine she can use, sure hope they accept them ... Timba has a half day next Wed so we are planning to take them to the Butterfly Pavilion .. it's a 45 min ride so will take Derek a little time to get used to the idea but they have a lot of stuff to do there- not just butterflies, ,,,spiders, sea creatures in a tidal pool you can touch stuff in... will use it for science study too and have them do reports on what they learn - for the homeschooling... and Derek can get credit for it in his school too...

Well off to get some house stuff done... ignored it all day so far- better get something accomplished ....

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are a full time Grandma, Nana. Carrie is so lucky to have you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks Tina... kissie

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. It is bedtime for this old lady.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'nite Tina.
You had better not be an "old lady"...I don't think you are much older than I am.

Sweet dreams from me too. I am headed for my bed as well.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all.

I am so glad that Nicoli finally has a diagnosis, although it is sad in a way..at least now you will know what to do.

Sheri, have you had your diagnosis long?

Cheryl, don't take on too much work, your going to exhaust yourself. Hope the knee brace works.

Yay on the new clothes Carol, can you go shopping for me as well? grin

I do hope you get a chance to go out Sunday Tina, but if not...a day with your family is just as nice.

Good Friday today...we'll be having seafood chowder. A nice treat flwr

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Chowder sounds good, Sunny. You have me thinking about dinner plans at 6 am. That doesn't happen often.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
Good morning all.

Sheri, have you had your diagnosis long?

Cheryl, don't take on too much work, your going to exhaust yourself. Hope the knee brace works.

Yay on the new clothes Carol, can you go shopping for me as well? grin

Good Friday today...we'll be having seafood chowder. A nice treat flwr

Good Morning from me as well.

Yes Sheri, I am curious as well.

Sunny is right, Cheryl. While getting the extra hours at your current job would make things easier for you, you don't want to over-extend yourself.

Thanks about the new clothes, Sunny---but my "personal income" has now gone away, so there will be little to no new clothes buying from now on, sad to say.

Good Friday---yes it is. We will go to church tonight, so supper is going to have to be simple here. I have no idea what that will be, but you have me considering that meal as well..

Today I have to go back to the nursing home. The Physical Therapist there wants to talk to me about Marie's treatment plan. Then I have groceries to buy. Lastly, has my youngest DD spoken to any of you about what dish she would like me to bring to Easter Dinner, because I have not heard from her.....even though I sent her an e-mail days ago...
(I asked her because there are things that she will not eat, & others she prefers & I was trying to be a good Momma.)

It is a beautiful day here---I hope everyone enjoys the day.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Take something that Luke will like, Carol. A jello salad or sweet potato casserole or something.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Excellent idea, but Luke has to eat organic & no sweets, unless you count sweet potatoes & fruit. I hope this will stop when he is 2 (in September) but I don't know for sure, esp since she will be feeding a new baby the same way for 2 years.

*Last August, Auntie Val did give him a few small bites of plain cake at a Family Birthday Party. he was ever so happy about that.

well I need to go get my day started--TTY all L.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Before I had kids, back in hippy days, a friend would not allow her baby to eat sweets. He discovered them when he was 3 and really never forgave her. I learned a bit of a lesson from that and had sweets available to my kids along with better options. I almost always had M&M's on my coffee table, for instance. My kids decided the veggie tray that came out a couple times a day was more exciting than candy or cookies. I learned to bake very good food options that were disguised as cookies and puddings and things.
I am trying to eat mostly organics here too. Where does your daughter find bread? Almost everything on the shelves here has questionable ingredients, even in health food stores. I am beginning to think I need to grind my own grains.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, you are so right. And he will see his Momma eat healthy, well exept for the o ccasional dessert, so she could take heart in that.
"Daddy" on the other hand is a master at sneaking what he wants, and Luke is a very bright child, so I do hope that his Mommie learns & does as you did.

The last comment I heard from her was, that they occasionally take the 45 minute trip to St Louis for Luke's bread. There are options in a few "nicer" chain grocery stores around here, but as you say the ingrediants are questionable. I will ask her where she gets her bread for sure & the brands, etc.

She also buys organic crackers to use as his carbs--the brand she uses is "Back to Nature" they are USDA organic. I buy them too, as I like them myself.

________

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Church does not start until 7:30 tonight. So I get a rest between supper and church... Hopefully I even have time for a nap.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Those have the exact same ingredients as my store brand Ritz wannabe crackers except mine don't use anything for a sweetener beyond cane sugar.
http://thetableofpromise.blogspot.com/2011/12/blatent-health-washing-by-back-to.html
I am searching for soy free foods or GMO free foods. It is hard to find even plain flour that does not contain soy lecithin and such. I do need to take my reading glasses with me to read the ingredients list any more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Organic food will be a rarity soon unless you can do it all from scratch by oneself. The additives in food are scary.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It will if people don't get on this bandwagon. I am moving further and further away from processed foods and making more of my own. I am lucky in my local smallish grocery chain. They are moving to more natural with me. Not that they don't sell the packaged processed foods but they don't use much of it in their bakery or deli. And it isn't cheap but not really an-arm-and-a-leg expensive either.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Good Afternoon.... busy day around Nana's house today- hubby and I went out to breakfast... then a fast trip to Wally's for Easter eggs (plastic) for hunting in the yard and a few other things... while we were there I got a panic call from Carrie her water heater burst a pipe to it and she couldn't get water turned off or gas... so we hurried to a free checkstand and got out and to her house in record time..Joe got the water and gas turned off, and she called her handy dandy friend and he is fixing it for them... they came over here to take showers this afternoon and boys are here now... we covered boxes for them to gather eggs in on Sun, I did one each for the twins so they can play too.. Timba decided he is to old to decorate a box so he is going to use a sack he says... he is going to be 13 next month..... and Joseph will be 20... time sure flies! After they finished the boxes and cleaned up we colored eggs.... they will go into tater salad... we are having ham, tater salad, green bean casserole and I will make a bunny cake - it's funny it's the older boys that want the bunny cake not the little ones...LOL!

Timba asked me if he could have rest of my box collection to take to school for his art class.. they need supplies.. so will send them with Joe on Mon when he takes him to school.. have about a doz in my office he can have and I will start saving more.. never know when I box is needed...
Tomorrow we plan to go look for a stand for the big flat screen Joe wants.. I want one that looks like nice furniture not just open shelves... going to have to re arrange the furniture in my living room when we do get it.. thinking of putting bookcases on either side of my big window and couch between them.. will lose the bridge I keep my tulip bowls on so don't know what I will do with them... would need new bridge between the bookcases about 2 and a half feet longer to fit- Joe might be able to build one.. he has the tools ... and plenty of time, would just have to be a light oak to match the bookcases...we will see...

Well off to put eggs away they should be dry by now... and it's almost time for boys to go home... they won't want to .. they like to stay later on Friday's and play outside ... so may just let them...

Have a good evening all... I am just about worn out tonight,supper will be easy and Joe is making it -- he doesn't know that yet....SHHHHHH.LOl!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you get your supper and a lot of rest, Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sunny I have been diagnosed for a long time. I used to have an oriental doctor who seemed a few steps ahead of the game.

70% chance of rain tomorrow. It will be such fun trying to hide eggs inside for 100 Sunday School kids to find. NOT

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I am bushed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning.
I was up early as my DH got warm yesterday evening & turned down the thermostat. my heavy housecoat feels good just now.

Today will be a busy day. I have desserts, deviled eggs & a veggie tray to make. Then if I cannot find my old Mr. Coffee, we are going out to buy a new programable coffee maker this afternoon. Our old one, just under 10 years old, just stopped working & nothing I did fixed it.

High in the low to mid 70's today--YAY !!!!
Poor Rodney is going to cut the grass for the first time of the season today.

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,873
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image