Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Hey all....back after being off line for nearly a week. Stupid server.

[Linked Image]
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
wow...all I hear is crickets chirping. Later....

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
For crying out loud... Stop hogging winter and send it over here

Pretty please? neener

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi ,
Just have a minute to post ... been trying to catch up on all the stuff I didn't do while I didn't feel well this last week... still have a little bit left but the feeling like all I can do is sleep seems to be gone... good thing cause I really can't do that.
I have the boys- they are watching Handy Manny right now- I have 5 loads of laundry to fold now- but they are asking for lunch so that will come first- gotta feed Mom too...
I got this joke off my Make a note letter--- thought it was cute.

JOKE
I had been teaching my three-year old daughter, Caitlin, the Lord's Prayer. For several evenings at bedtime, she would repeat after me the lines from the prayer. Finally, she decided to go solo. I listened with pride as she carefully enunciated each word, right up to the end of the prayer:"Lead us not into temptation," she prayed, "but deliver us some E-mail. Amen."

-Unknown(Editor's Note: If your email inbox is anything like mine, I might be praying "deliver us FROM email".)

Nana

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts

great Joke!
Good to hear that you are doing better but take it slow and easy. If you jump back into everything at full speed ahead you might relapse and that wouldn't be very nice.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I missed Fernie, Too.
I am home for just a minute then out into the big wide world again. I'll be back later.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Well, I enjoyed spending the afternoon with Allie at school. I had to leave about an hour early because the field trip got back early. There was NO WAY Wayne was going to sit aropund the school for an hour waiting on ME! LOL

He bashed the play (like I figured he would), but then said "I guess it was cute enough for what it was"!!! LOL Go figure. But Teeny had a good time, and that's what matters the most.

I was amazed at the issues that Allie's teacher has to deal with in her classroom. There was one child that had to sit by herself at the back of the room because of her disruptive behavior. She constantly kept getting up and walking towards the front of the class to get the teacher's attention while the teacher was busy talking. Another student just sat at his desk doing absolutely nothing, and the teacher told me just the fact that he could now speak a good deal of English was impressive enough. When he started in her class at the beginning of the year, he didn't know ANY. There was a little girl in the class that was in the same situation. There were several children that couldn't even read the most simple of words like "pup". These are 1st grade students!

I let the teacher know that if she needed any help in the future, to just send a note home in Allie's agenda. I hadn't been able to help much before because of my job, but now that I'm not working, I think I just might make it a point to try to go help out at least once a week. I don't think she has an assistant in there to help her either.

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by gwhalh

I let the teacher know that if she needed any help in the future, to just send a note home in Allie's agenda.

Annette

You are going to get a note every single night. "HELP!" lol
Actually it sounds like the teacher has a handle on things. It is hard to have that one child so disruptive.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Believe me I am taking it as easy as I can- do have the boys here for dinner tonight and will do the bath,teeth and pj's too- also homework for the oldest... then he will help Joe set up his IPod to get some music on it... kids can just do this stuff- I couldn't figure it out but he makes it look so easy...
I used to do the field trips and stuff when my kids were young- and my SIL went with the kindergarten class to the stock show last month- had to watch 4 kids including Derek- he likes doing that stuff though- even took a day off to do it, when my youngest was little she was a Brownie and all the Mom's worked- including me I worked evenings a lot then... so Joe and our neighbor who had a daughter our girls age too were the leaders for about a yr till one Mom quit her job and took it over- we even had the back yard practice campout in our backyard... in AZ- never rains- did that night- had to bring in 15 little girls in sleeping bags - they never even woke up! had wall to wall little girls that night---.... they had a ball though...
Well have to go and get myself folding those clothes- still haven't done it!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Annette I'm glad Teeny had fun & Allie enjoyed your visit.

Nana I love you! You and Joe are the best!

When I got home from dialysis, Maxi was napping. I stretched out on the couch & crashed myself for a long time. The kid is still asleep so I better wake him or his schedule will be all turned around.

They are calling for a big storm tomorrow so our day trip to NH might be cancelled. We are both looking forward to it, but we gotta keep an eye on the weather.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
unfortunately we are expecting ice tonight and tomorrow.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
annette, you have a lovely family, and i think you should be commended for offering to help in your daughter's class.

i volunteered, then substitute taught in my kids' elementary school the first year we were here. i would help/teach all ages, but prefered the 5th grade.

one day (one of the first days) i was teaching my daughter's class (5th grade) and there was a hand full of obnoxious boys. one was the worst. i put a stool (the teacher had a bar stool in the room) beside me in front of the chalk board. i put manning on the stool and told him if he got up, i would take him to the principal's office. then, i told the rest of the class that anyone who made fun of manning would be required to trade places with him, under the same rules.

to this day (14 years later) he gives me a hug when i see him, as do most of the kids in that class. AND, no one made fun of him or had to be swapped out. and he never had to sit there again.

i had creative teachers and that helped me to teach. until i decided i didn't like it. lol lol

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
********closed*********

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image