OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
wavy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy i'm here too, for a bit longer

Howdy all!

Anyone still around?

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am always in and out, Annette.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
I've been off the computer most of the day because hubby is home. I took a nap after church and when I got up, he was on it. He JUST let me get on here a little while ago! LOL So now I'm catching up on the days events...

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It was a pretty slow day in here so you won't have much to catch up on.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
LOL So I notice!

My house was quieter that usual today. My oldest spent the night at a friend's last night and then stayed through dinner today. Hubby threatened the 2 younger ones to within an inch of their lives if they woke me from my nap. I wound up sleeping for 3 hours! YIKES! LOL Bad thing is, it was one of those times that you nap too much and wake with a headache, and I still had to fix dinner.

Oh, well. The headache is gone now, but I'm wide awake. I'll never get to sleep tonight!

Annette

*yawn*

Morning, all.

Anyone for coffee? breakfast

Annette

Last edited by gwhalh; Feb 16th, 2009 at 05:23 AM.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

I'm waking up on the slow side. My girl is here. Coffee is good & breakfast is hot, so I'm in good shape.

It looks like we are due for some weather today becasue the sky looks so grim but the forecast doesn't call for snow until Wednesday & Thursday.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Sun's out here. The weather has been nice the last few days, but it's cold this morning. Hopefully Wayne can get out there tomorrow and finish leveling out the garden for me. It's not supposed to rain, so maybe I'll luck out.

Trixie (my German Shepherd) is trying to help me type this morning! LOL She's a lover girl!

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It's raining, it's pouring, The old man is snoring.
We are having a substantial rain today. Later I will dodge raindrops to go out and feed my son's dog. For the rest of the day I will be sheltering indoors as much as possible.
First cup.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We had some rain the other day which helped to get rid of some of the ice pack on the sidewalks & drives but we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground.

We try to take advantage of the rare nice days that we have now because we know more big storms are on the way in March.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
here's a pic of the snow we got last year...

[Linked Image]

That's the most snow we ever get around here. And when it DOES show up, the county comes to a screaching halt! LOL

Annette

Last edited by gwhalh; Feb 16th, 2009 at 06:56 AM.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I like the 'clean-ness' outside after a rain.
This is our normal winter pattern. I just hope it keeps up through March and even beyond. It would do wondrous things for our water table. I love it. But a lot of the people here don't have a clue how to deal with driving in the rain. We don't have great snow removal equipment for when the snow drops low enough to coat our main thoroughfares. Southern California tends to grind to a halt when we have 'weather'. It is quite funny to watch but not funny if you are one of the ones stuck on the road behind a closure.
I am glad it is a holiday for most of our schools.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Where in So Cal are you? I used to live out there. Mostly towards the north, but I did live in Santa Paula, Cammarillo, and shoot, can't remember the name now...oh well! LOL

Annette

'nother cup, anyone?

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I live in the Cajon Pass above San Bernardino.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
I know where that is. Been up that way a time or 2.

Most of my time was spent up around Chico, some in Vacaville area, some in Marysville and surrounds.

I liked the northern parts better. It seemed to be less "hasseled" for lack of a better word! LOL

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I know. All of Cal. is full of laid-back aging hippies by the rest of the nation's standards. Or a lot of young people wearing strange clothing. People are all busy making movies or laying on the beach or going to Disneyland. It is really amusing to see.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well if the sandal fits.....

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Afgreyparrot! What are you up to this morning?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I didn't know I am an inch taller than you, you silly person!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm off to dialysis. See you all later on, after dinnertime.

wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
Blah, I'm exhausted... One hour of walking with 2 x 11 lb weights [Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I pick up my 70 plus pound son but barely. And I'm not walking a mile with him unless it is a life or death situation.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Good way to stay in shape! thumbup

I can't even pick up 11 pounds right now... blush

me either Cindy, join the crowd......

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
500 Posts
500 Posts
Just worked out via google earth I walked 2.5 miles with those weights grin

I wish my hubby wouldn't have me do certain things if he's going to be upset about how I do it! Grrrr...

Sorry for the subject change, but he really has me irritated right now!

My fridge hasn't been cooling the way it's supposed to. The gasket seal on the main door is bad, so I was delegated to go get one ordered. While the guy was looking up my model number, etc., one of the other guys started asking me some questions as to why I thought I needed a new seal. So I told him. Then he started asking me some other questions about it, and based on my answers, he told me that even if I replaced the seal, it wasn't going to fix the problem. He said that the heating elements (that make it a frost free freezer)inside the freezer section were froze up and not allowing the cold air to circulate down into the fridge section. He told some things to try and see if that indeed was the issue. So I'm thinking to myself, I'm not going to spend $90 today to replace something that may not even be the main issue, only to have to turn around and buy another fridge anyway.

I told hubby about it on the phone, and now he's upset with me because he doesn't believe the guy that does this type of thing for a living! Seems to me that the appliance repair folks would have prefered to have made the sure sale, and not told me how to fix what the real issue was and risk loosing the sale, if they were trying to pull one over on me. Because that thought went through my mind as well. As a side note, the seal has been bad for 3 years. It just has started this mess about not cooling...right about the same time the frost free quit working. So I tend to side with the guy at the appliance shop. Know what I mean?

Anyway, sorry so long, just felt I needed to vent! LOL

Annette

WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
Hi Annette, sorry to pop in like this, but I worked for Sears and two independent appliance repair shops for 10 years. The gasket definitely is not the problem, the guy at the parts store is correct. If your refrig section is not working properly, the first place to look is in the freezer. If ice has been building up in there, then absolutely that will block air flow and make everything else run improperly. If the guy didn't tell you, which he probably did, the first thing I would do is too empty the whole unit, fridge and freezer, and unplug it. Let everything thaw out (please don't use an ice pic to speed this along, that can damage severely the other parts). You can use a bowl of hot water in the freezer, just let it sit in there to get it warmed up. Once everything is thawed , check to see if the air flow fan is working. This should be a light hum in the freezer section that stops when the door is opened. If this is running , you have ruled out one possibility. Next unscrew the back panel of the freezer to reveal this fan and also the heater for defrost cycle. There should also be a tube in there where the defrosted water flows down to the underneath pan on the floor level. This tube must be completely clear to allow the water flow. You can check this with a turkey baster and flashlight. Simply squirt some hot water down the tube and check with flashlight under the fridge to ensure the water is passing down to the pan quickly.

The defrost timer is another place to look. I think with the model number you should be able to look up a schematic picture of your fridge, possibly at a Sears parts website, they have all brands. The defrost timer is a little box,and should have a post or some way to turn it manually. Always turn this clockwise. IF you have good access to it, usually down under the fridge, bottom right corner, then you can advance it until you here a definitive "click" to put it into defrost mode. Let the timer go for a couple hours and see if it comes out of defrost on it's own.

Send me a pm if you need further assistance.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Melcon6 knows what she is taliking about. we had trouble with ours for years, had to defrost it many many times---long story short--DH finally replacerd the timer--and the fridge worked fine after that.---

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
and i had to have my timer replaced twice, the first replacement was bad rspb

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh where was Mel when I needed her? I had a frost free that took a vacation every summer. I would let it defrost completely then restart it and it was fine until the next summer. I didn't know to look for all of the rest of this stuff.
Nice to see you drop in, friend Mel. wavy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It must have been a lunch time sneak peek in for Momma Mouse.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
actually, it was a quick look see while waiting for a student to finish paperwork. now, i'm home and here for real grin

Thanks! That's exactly what he told me, but now I have it in writting to PROVE to Hubby! LOL

The timer control is actually inside my fridge where the other controls are. So that makes that part a lot easier. Luckily I have another fridge down in the basement, so all the groceries are going down there so that I can take care of this. I'm tired of the sausage exploding...don't ask!

I don't think the tube is draining right, now that you mention it, becase the top shelf of the fridge is always dripping with water. I have to wipe it out every day. So I think that what little bit it IS defrosting is winding up in the fridge instead of under it.

I'm so glad I posted my little rant here now! LOL

Annette

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
oh, and my drain was actually "frozen" so it didn't drain right at all. we used a hair dryer to defrost it.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It's been a very long day today. I'm off to get some rest.

See you all another time.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Night, Merme!

I'm still "lurking" around...

Annette

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
take care merme, rest well. i'm still lurking too lol

ugh...I think I'm through for the night. I'm ready to crash, and it's not even 9pm yet!

Annette

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
good night annette. i'm ready too, not going to be far behind you. this cold snap we are having has me zapped. but i need to stay awake just half hour longer snooz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image