Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night Annette and Jiffy. I am going to cruise the net looking for nice, upbeat human interest news stories. Need a break from gloomy stuff on the nightly news.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is my turn to drop out now, I am tired. My family is all asleep. Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Mornin' all.

I wound up staying up watching a movie with Bunny (15yo daughter) last night. I didn't get in the bed till 11:30. I am so drained this morning! But it was nice to sit and talk about the movie with her.

Hubby will be home today, so I probably won't get a chance to be on here much.

Annette

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
What movie?

We've been having spring time weather then all of a sudden is 25 this morning.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
25, Brrr! It only about 45 here this morning And I'm bundled up. Getting ready to haul kid bodies where they need to be, bus stops or to school. It is still raining. Rain is good though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

Maxi and I are on our way out today. I've promised him a trip to the comic store uptown and a visit to his favorite pizza/seafood shop. The comic store visit is his Valentine's Day present. He's pretty excited as he only gets up there maybe once a year or so.

It should be fun.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
A comic book store followed by pizza sounds like a great outing, Merme. Both of you have fun today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
We watched "Quigley Down Under". It's an old one, but pretty funny. One of the few western type movies that I like. Although it takes place in Australia. LOL

Merme, hope you have fun today! Sounds like it'll be a nice day!

I sympathize with the 25 degrees. I went to get hubby this morning and theere was frost all over the windshield. I hate it when the weather goes back and forth like that. On a good note, it hasn't ained in several days, so maybe Wayne can get out there and finish leveling the garden today!

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
He ended up buying a deck of Magic cards and a few packs of Lord Of The Rings trading cards. The Magic cards are popular among the kids who attend his camp so he really wanted to get some.

Maxi had his favorite Hamburger pizza and I had two clam cakes. We shared the fries.

We stopped by the party store so I could get some things for the Mardi Gras party. I got beads and crowns for everyone and foil covered chocolate coins for the kids. I will lead the kids in silly games to win the coins.... gotta keep it silly so the 2 year old can win also!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The comic store here is really more like an upscale head shop which also carries many collectables for not just popular movies & icons but sport teams, etc.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just checking in...

Sounds like you had a pretty nice day, Merme! I'm glad you got to enjoy yourself.

Hubby and I went into town earlier, and he took me out for lunch. Now he's out on the tractor, playing in the garden.

I'm waiting for the kids to get home, so that I can fight with them for an hour to get their homework done! LOL

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
If he is on the tractor getting your garden ready, you are going to ba awfully busy soon, Annette. I am so happy that my kids no longer have homework.
I am home for the day, I think. Got my son home after his swimming class. I am going to nap here in a bit.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I did my share of napping yesterday. I was one sick puppy yesterday. I worked a full day in spite of it, but when I got home I got in my chair with a nice soft blanket. I stayed there till 8:30 then went to bed. sometimes I think I just run myself down. anyway, feeling much better today. kids have already finished homework, I've cleaned the kitchen top to bottom and am about to start on the bathrooms. I"m not cooking tonight. we are doing leftovers.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am making homemade steak stirfry tonight. Gotta put the rice on in a few & start slicing the steak thinly.

Our kids are off this week for February break.

I'm sorry you were so sick yesterday, Cricket my friend.

Maxi learned how to post photos here today. I think he did a good job though he can get impatient with explanations and just wants to DO it! lol Step by step my son.

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Feb 17th, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I keep telling Jonni to read the instructions. It is a hard lesson when things don't go right. Along with practice, practice, practice. You can't just sit at a piano or on a bike and it will magically work. You have to practice on that pogo stick or those stilts before it will all come together for you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
You have to practice on that pogo stick or those stilts before it will all come together for you.

Yepper! doesn't tiger woods have some awesome quote about how MANY golf balls you have to hit in order to achieve greatness?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
When I was young, people said "What makes great atheletes great? DICIPLINE!" We applied that to everything.

I think Maxi gets his reluctance to practice, practice, practice, from his dad. He has certainly heard me rehearsing enough over the years to get the idea.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Speaking of practice...

Bunny came home today with a 99 on her algebra test! I'm SOOOO proud of her!

Last year she was really struggling with math. This year she has a really great teacher. I told him at the begining of the year that I was an ace in math when I went to school, and could help her, but I don't teach the methods the teachers use. I use a LOT of short cuts. He told me he didn't care HOW they arrived at the right answer, as long as it WAS right and could EXPLAIN how they got it. She hasn't made below a 90 all year!

Maxi did a great job with his pics, Merme! How old is he??

Oh, and....

THE GARDEN IS READY!!!!! YEAH!!!! lol

I will be out there putting the cool weather stuff in the ground in about 2 weeks...if I can hold out that long! LOL

BTW...don't potatoes like it cool to start??

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I love math & sometimes will buy a secondhand math book just for the fun of doing the problems or reading about a type of math I never studied in school.

Yes, potatoes like it cool, Annette.

Maxi is 13.

Afgrey, I thought of you while we were in the comic store today. I think you'd like that place.

I wanted Maxi to get an Indiana Jones hat because it was very well made & looked killer on him, but the only ones they had were too big for his head!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My dad was teahing me algebra by the time I was 7. I guess I lucked out...I've always been a natural at it. I figure out my own shortcuts, and would get in trouble at school because I could do the problems quicker in my head than I could on paper, so I never showed my work. The teachers always acused me of cheating. Then they set me down one day with a test in a room by myself (except for the teacher who stood over me the whole time!) and I still finished before any of the other kids in the next room! They couldn't figure out how I was doing it, because according to them, my methods shouldn't have worked. I would explain how I got the answer, but THEY couldn't work it out right on paper doing it my way. They left me alone about it after that.

Annette

Merme...how old was he in the pics?? He doesn't look anywhere NEAR 13!

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
In the pictures Maxi shared of him in his hats he was between 2 and 4 years old.

He still loves hats though!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi & I played Uno and then Magic tonight. Magic was slow going because I am unfamiliar with the game. But we had fun.

I'm off to bed now.

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Merme. i am also exhausted. I'm heading out myself.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everyone ~

The coffee is on. Don't know how it is going to be because yesterday when I was out I forgot to pick up any milk! And of course my entire stash of milk & cream in every variety is gone! I do have some dry milk, but I'm thinking I'd rather just drink my coffee black today...

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I always drink my coffee black. unless it is one of couple times a year I add Baileys.
Good morning. I'm waiting to see what today will bring. A busy one I'm sure.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Morning, Merme! I see you and Maxi had some fun last night. Who won? LOL

Hubby is gone on a field trip with Tenny, and Allie is expecting me to come eat lunch with her today. I may help out in her class afterwards. It just depends on if the teacher needs an extra set of hands today.

It raining this morning, but at least it's a little warmer than it was last night. I checked the forcast for the next 10 days, and we are looking at another week of below freezing temps at night. I hope it quits being quite so cold SOON!

Annette

unless it is one of couple times a year I add Baileys.

I prefer Kaluha myself!

shots

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi won the Magic card game & I won both games of Uno, which is very rare. He usually wins everything.

I prefer evaporated milk in my coffee but I'm not fussy. I enjoy black coffee too but it isn't my favorite.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Where is Tenny's field trip today? Maxi has always loved field trips!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They are going to the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. I had originally planned on going myself, but haven't been feeling very well. Wayne's off work today, so we told her she could pick who went. Allie got upset because no one went on HER trip last week (we were told no chaperones because of lack of room so I couldn't go), so I told her that whoever DIDN'T go with Teeny would go eat lunch with her today. Well, Teeny is very much a "daddy's girl" and picked daddy right away to keep him from eating with Allie! LOL

They should have alot of fun.

Annette

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Co-parenting is really cool for the kids. John went on a couple of field trips with Jonni in her younger days. I did most because I was the at home parent most. And it is fun too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
It's not often that Wayne will do something with the girls that is school related, other than helping with homework. I think it stems form his dislike of school when he was there. He constantly puts down the school system, even though our girls are in the best one in the county. He will go eat with each of the girls maybe one time during the year, and he'll go to a parent teacher conference if I really push. But I think he just gets intimidated every time he walks through the doors! LOL

This is actually his FIRST time going on a field trip, so it should be interesting! LOL

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Annette ~ I've seen you spell your daughter's name two different ways... both Tenny & Teeny. Which is the one you use most often?

Maxi's dad used to do many things with him at school but now his knees are so bad he can barely walk. The docs want to do replacements but Edward is too scared of it all. So he limps around, living a very limited lifestyle.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is these things your kids will remember most.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
It's TEENY...I must have missed a typo! LOL It's actually her nickname because she was so small when she was born. Just barely over 5 pounds. Course..it doesn't fit her anymore! LOL

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh we know about small babies on the forum, Annette! We have several kids who were premies. Jenn has two. Maxi was one. Afgrey's nephew. Maxi was 3 1/2 lbs at birth, heavy for as early as he was. Was Teeny full term?

People quipped that Maxi's name was bigger than he was. One dad in the NICU said "Maximillian? Looks more like a Maxi-quarter-million to me!"

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Gotta go get ready for dialysis. My girl will throw me in the shower & then I'll be speeding along my way.

See y'all afterwards.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

LOL She was 3 weeks early, and Allie, my youngest, was 4 weeks early. I just posted about them on the thread where someone was looking for some help with some research...

ANyway, even though they were early, I never concidered them preemies because they never had all the health issues and developmental issues that tend to go along with it. They are all happy, healthy, normal kids!

Here's a pic of them from Easter 2008...

[Linked Image]

That's Bunny in the back, Teeny is on the left, and Allie on the right.

Annette

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
You have a beautiful family, Annette.

Maxi was 6 weeks early.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image